Are you itching to keep producing, but stay at home orders are hindering you? Or maybe you wanted to try out teleconferencing during your productions. Now is the time! Netflix bingeing and organizing the garage can wait. This workshop will teach you how to use tools you already have–your computer, cellphone or tablet–to keep creating and getting your message out.
In this Online Workshop, we’ll teach you how to use teleconferencing software (Google Hangouts, Zoom) to interview guests and create virtual teaching experiences. We’ll show you how to use your phone or tablet to shoot and create films. You’ll learn how to keep up your aesthetics and the basic equipment and software required to get your production back up and running. Finally, you’ll learn how to share your final product via YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook.
Tuesday, April 7th from 10am – 12 pm
Where to View
We will host the online workshop via Google Meetings. When you have registered for the class, we will send you a link to the meeting in your registration email. Please make sure your computer, tablet or phone meets Google Meeting requirements. Here is a video on how to use Google Meetings.
What to Bring:
- Come with a list of questions you’d like answered on how to use this software
- Phone or Tablet with Apps already downloaded for both Android and iOS (minimum 5Gb of space on device)
- Computer (Windows or Mac OSX) with camera and microphone (headphones with mic recommended), with Chrome Browser (Firefox, Edge and Safari are supported but require extensions) and Zoom Application.
- Additional equipment: Tripod adapter (recommended) or Gorillapod, USB C or Lighting Microphone or Lighting to Mini/Headphone Adapter, USB C to Mini Jack/Headphone
- Copyright free music or sound fx you might want to use (see ccmixter, freemusicarchive, freesound.org)
- Facebook Account, YouTube, Vimeo account (recommended)
How to Change the Resolution on Your Phone
How to change to resolution on your Android: HERE
How to change the resolution on your iOS device: HERE