Are you stuck at home because of COVID-19? How has this impacted your life and the lives of those you love? Share your thoughts and conversations using your phone, tablet or computer to record and publish and podcast! This workshop is an introduction to podcasting with your phone. Participants will learn how to use Anchor and Spreaker Studio, free podcasting apps available for iOS and Android devices. Participants will learn basic concepts to get their podcast off the ground.
- Techniques for Capturing Audio
- Designing Soundscapes with Music and Sound Effects
- Best Practices for Podcasting
- Podcast Data Hosts and Publishing Platforms
We’ll be teaching you to record and edit a podcast on your mobile device. Participants will record a 5-minute podcast around one of the following themes:
- What are you and your family doing to stay physically and emotionally healthy?
- What has been the most challenging aspect of this experience?
- What have you learned from this experience?
- Do you have a message of hope for others?
- Do you have an interesting story to share?
Friday, April 10th from 10 am – 12 pm
Free and open to the public!
Where to View
We will host the online workshop via Google Meetings. When you have registered for the class, we will send you a link to the meeting. Please make sure your computer, tablet or phone meets Google Meeting requirements. Here is a video on how to use Google Meetings.
What to Bring
- Come with a list of ideas based on the suggested themes
- Device with Apps already downloaded for both Android and iOS (minimum 5Gb of space on device)
- ANDROID or iOS device need
- Have your Spreaker Studio and Anchor accounts ready (recommended)
- Equipment: Phones, Tripod adapter (recommended) or Gorillapod, USB C or Lighting Microphone or Lighting to Mini/Headphone Adapter, USB C to Mini Jack/Headphone
- Music (recommended)