Open Job Position
MetroEast Community Media has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Information Technology Manager. The IT Manager role is responsible for assisting organization staff and volunteers with basic to intermediate level issues and for the basic provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of Information Systems (IS) hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This individual functions as a Tier 1 support and system administrator. This individual procures and maintains IS hardware, operating systems, application software, and their related workflows adhere to organization values and policies; and assists staff and volunteers to better use the IS infrastructure to further the organization mission.
Hours / Classification
Full-Time / Non-Exempt: 40 hours per week
(may include some evenings or weekends)
$56,000 annual salary with an excellent benefits package
(paid vacation, sick time, holidays, medical, dental, life insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) matching, FSA and more!)
Director of IT
MetroEast is a nonprofit community media hub based in Gresham, Oregon. We educate the public on how to leverage media & technology to create meaningful content relevant to our times. Our creative, diverse, and passionate staff invest time and energy working to close the digital divide as well as supporting local schools, government, and nonprofits through media education and services. Learn more about us at www.metroeast.org.
- Provide technical support to users by researching and answering questions, and troubleshooting Information Systems related issues
- Configure, support, maintain, and monitor IS hardware and software, adhering to industry best practice
- Collaborate with the Director of IT and senior IS staff to develop strategies and policies to best support the organization, staff, and volunteers with Information System resources
- Write and actively maintain Information Systems documentation
- Perform all duties while protecting the privacy, confidential information, and safety of all organizational and institutional documentation
- Be an ambassador for the organization CRM software in its use, capabilities, and management
- Handle and manage procurement for department and organization needs, and follow appropriate finance procedures and receipt submissions
- Manages software licensing, warranties, seat count and software-as-a-service subscriptions
Helpdesk & Support
- Provide general computer usage support to staff and volunteers
- Develop and provide training and task workflows for Information Systems resources
- Escalate issues to the Director of IT, CEO, and vendors when necessary
- Monitor project management software for ticketing and delegation of inbound issues
Computer Systems Administration & Maintenance
- Perform daily backup monitoring for backup continuity and restoration
- Create, change, onboard, offboard, and delete user accounts as requested
- Test and apply updates to system and application software using manual and automated processes
- Oversee and manage company VoIP software-as-a-service
- Use Remote Monitoring and Management systems to maintain the IS infrastructure and end-user happiness.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate inventory of IS hardware and software on internal and external checkout systems
- Formulate innovative solutions to Information Systems obstacles; be excited to demonstrate new opportunities for organizational growth
- Assist in the repair and recovery from IS hardware or software failures and maintain consistent communication with stakeholders
- Consult with the Director of IT on how to best deploy, maintain, and monitor IS resources and mobile device management systems
Information System Security
- Oversee the KnowBe4 phishing and information security program at MetroEast
- Be a champion of best practices around email and computing security
- Intake end-user instances of compromised computing security or breaches, and escalate as necessary
- Assist in updating the security documentation and provide all-staff communications around pressing security issues
- Verify that hardware and software in deployment conform to the security policies set by the department
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Have a commitment to self-education and self-advocacy for further IT training and certifications. Be excited to learn more!
- Experience with the current versions of macOS, iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS. Be somewhat comfortable with Microsoft Windows.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate technology information to management, staff, and volunteers.
- Consistent ability to provide positive and memorable customer service.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and concerns with a positive attitude.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with a professional attitude in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Maintain a sense of organization that elevates the workplace. Oversee office and server room cleanliness and tidiness.
- Exude passion and dedication to MetroEast’s community-driven mission and vision and a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Education and Work Experience
2-year degree or 2-5 years in IT support; this can be experience or an equivalent combination of education & work experience
Optional Candidate Traits
- A current A+ or Apple Certified Support Professional certification
- Familiarity with Mobile Device Management platforms e.g. Jamf Pro or
- Familiarity with ticketing software and project management strategies and agile practices
- Understanding of media format conversion and transport mediums
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux shell, Python, Excel Macro, or other scripting languages
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Work is performed both remotely and in an indoor office environment. The employee will be provided a sit/stand ergonomic desk, chair, and computing equipment.
- MetroEast is oriented to public service and is subject to constant work interruptions.
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds is required.
- This role requires a flexible work schedule due to the nature of downtime and related IT service. You may be required to work evenings and weekends.
- There is exposure to electricity and electrical equipment.
MetroEast Community Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Equity is more than a commitment at MetroEast – it is the foundation of community media. We are fully invested in equity, inclusion, anti-racist work, and believe deeply in embracing the differences and commonalities of the communities we serve. At MetroEast, we aspire to be a place where you can be your best self, share your passion, talents, and skills, and help us realize our mission to invigorate civic engagement, inspire diverse voices, and strengthen community life. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as the foundation of all we do.
MetroEast works hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. Successful candidates will commit to an equitable and inclusive workplace, including but not limited to: racial equity, accessibility for individuals with disabilities, use of gender inclusive language and cultural sensitivity.
Please Note: Successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment for this position.
Interested candidates should submit a resume & cover letter to email@example.com.
Please list “IT Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Learn more about this position by downloading this PDF : CommunicationsCoordinator_JobDescription